Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Bump in the Road on My Journey

Hello Everyone,
          This is going to be a more personal post than I usually do. I am experiencing a challenge in my life, and would love it if you would pray for me. I do believe that God tests our faith. I'll share some scriptures with you at another time on that subject, but for now, I just want to let you know about the situation I find myself in.
          Before Christmas I was running a low-grade fever, so I went to my family doctor. He diagnosed a urinary tract infection with blood in the urine. I know! TMI! ...but that is part of the story. He put me on antibiotics and told me to come back in a week. At the end of one week I had another test. It still showed infection and blood, so he put me on another type of antibiotic and suggested I have a CT scan of pelvis and abdomen to rule out a tumor. At the time I thought that was overkill, but I went ahead and had the scan done. The results were fine as far as the bladder, etc., but at the top of the scan it picked up the lower part of my lungs. They saw a spot on my lower left lung, so they called for another CT scan of my chest. This scan showed not only the spot on the lung, but also some enlarged lymph nodes.
          My doctor sent me to a lung doctor. He did a bronchoscopy and a PET scan. The bronchoscopy did not produce a diagnosis, but the PET scan looked suspicious, so the lung doctor sent me to a surgeon. To make a long story short, all this time I have been praying for God to guide me to do what is best. I was supposed to have the surgery this past Monday, but I called and cancelled it last week. I have decided to do an alternative therapy.
          Now, I know what that sounds like to many of you. Quackery!! However, I feel that God is leading me in this direction. The name of the therapy is The Gerson Therapy. If you care to check it out, there is a video on NetFlix called "The Gerson Miracle" that tells a lot about it. There are also two other videos, "Dying to Have Known" and "The Beautiful Truth," that are both about the Gerson Therapy. Please watch them. This is not just about cancer, and it is not just about me. It is about all of us killing ourselves with the food that we eat and the poisons we are constantly being bombarded with.
          I have done a lot of research and praying in the past few weeks. So far, the biggest miracle in all of this is that my doctor ordered the first CT scan. Without that I would have never even known that I was having a problem. I was having no symptoms of any lung problems, and still am not. I have never smoked and have always tried to exercise and take care of myself, but I will admit that I have not been very good at eating the right foods, and I like sweets too much! I think God has given me a wake-up call. Now I am trusting Him to lead me in a path that will be best for me. If it is successful, I will certainly be an advocate of it and tell others about it.
          As I have said before, my favorite verse in the Bible is John 8:32  "and you shall know the truth, and the truth will make you free." I am counting on the Lord to lead and guide me into the truth about my own body and what it needs in order to get well. If you know anything about the Gerson Therapy or someone who has used it, please let me know. I would love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. May the Great Physician guide you to perfect health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly be praying for you, Sue.
    You are a wonderful example of a faithful
    follower of Christ, and the Lord is with you.

    ReplyDelete